Hospitality Mentorship Program – HMPO
for Independent Hotel Owners
Hospitality Mentorship Program for Hotel Owners HMPO addresses the ever-growing needs of Independent and Boutique Hotel Owners who want to take their business to the next level.
Program is ideal for new and existing hotel owners and it has been created to meet the demands of today’s hotelier. It’s completely customizable to owners who want to learn more about operating a more profitable business. Program provides mentees with an opportunity to gain feedback about their existing business performance, and access to mentor’s life experiences and wisdom, as well as technical expertise. Why try to recreate the wheel? Running an independent hotel requires specific skills and knowledge which is best taken from experienced industry professionals.
HMPO is an ideal solution for Hoteliers to develop their professional skills to deliver results very quickly, and enjoy a better life with fewer issues, less stress and time freedom. We aim to help you succeed by adjusting our program based on qualifications of mentee, experience and demand of the job.
By sharing our knowledge of more than 25 years of experience in Hospitality Management, we can help you identify your needs, develop and refine a suitable mentoring plan, and continuously support you.
Do you want to learn and grow in your career as a hotel owner faster and smarter? Talk to someone you trust about your goals! Get input from your mentor to make sure your goals are reasonable and ambitious enough! Get mentorship and advice directly from the field of hospitality operations!
For Family Business aiming to accelerate generational transitions and integration of appointed leaders, HMPO can be combined with our <Leadership Transition & Integration> process, where we can help you identify your needs, deploy and refine a 3-Month Integration & Succession Planning based on your company culture, and then to continuously support with the implementation.
Please note that mentees must be a minimum of 18 years old.
Hospitality Mentorship Program for Independent Hotel Owners HMPO
- Defining SMART goals for your development as Hotel Owner and preparing your plan.
- Selecting topics aimed at your leadership level that focuses on your Ownership Journey and continuing professional development.
- Connecting to purpose & building an adaptive culture.
- Relating your development organizational goal to the team’s goal.
- Defining your hospitality knowledge, skills and abilities to be developed.
- Learning about particular sectors required to succeed as Hotel Owner.
- Re-Creating your development plan.
- Discussing your progress towards your goals on a monthly basis.
- Identification of your future high potentials as Hotel Owner.
- Preparing you for a new role which requires expanded responsibilities.
- Defining your realistic aspirations and staying motivated.
- Applying reverse mentoring ‘put into practice’.
- Learning ‘soft skills’ such as judgement, influence and executive presence.
- Building a professional relationship with an industry professional from outside your organisation on a regular basis.
- Sharing technical, industry, and professional knowledge, personalized to your development needs.
- Learning how to create and develop a professional network.
- Talking to your mentor for a professional problem you may have.
- Discovering how to understand your organization’s “bigger picture” and where you fit, both now and in the future.
- Better understanding hospitality employees; what they expect from you.
3-Month Integration & Development Plan
This phase applies to Family business & organizations and focuses exclusively on preparing a succession process that ensures generational transitions succeed, by adapting the new skills developed from above program to the new roles.
- Working closely with deployed leaders in order to help them successfully apply knowledge, skills and abilities developed within the company and make a great impact to the organization.
- Practicing adaptive leadership by seeing themselves as a system, understanding their roles as Hotel Owners and focusing on results.
‘’By the end of the program, you will be able to implement practices, systems and techniques that will improve your organization’s performance and discover how emotional intelligence (EQ) positively impacts your organizational culture’’